Quantcast

Hello

Hugh Aguilar
Hello. I'm interested in learning SP-Forth.

Where can I obtain the source-code for the Windows version? Your download page seems to only provide source-code with the Linux version.

regards --- Hugh

Re: Hello

ygrek-3
On Sat, 18 May 2013 19:09:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hugh Aguilar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello. I'm interested in learning SP-Forth.
>
> Where can I obtain the source-code for the Windows version? Your download page seems to only provide source-code with the Linux version.

Win32 full archive and installer both contain full source code

--
 ~ygrek

Re: Hello

Hugh Aguilar
The installer sp4-20-setup.exe did not contain any source. All it contained was an executable SPF.EXE, a documentation folder with the readme, intro and devel files, and an uninstall folder.

The "full archive" seems to be sp4-20.rar. Windows doesn't know what to do with a .rar file, and I've never heard of such a thing either.

The executable seems to work; I can write simple Forth colon words. I don't think I have access to any of the libraries mentioned in the devel file however. I don't really have enough to begin writing programs that take advantage of SP-Forth features --- although I presumably can write pure ANS-Forth software. I'll try out my novice package, which is pure ANS-Forth, when I have more time.

regards --- Hugh

On Sat, 18 May 2013 19:09:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hugh Aguilar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello. I'm interested in learning SP-Forth.
>
> Where can I obtain the source-code for the Windows version? Your download page seems to only provide source-code with the Linux version.

Win32 full archive and installer both contain full source code

--
~ygrek

On Sat, 18 May 2013 19:09:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hugh Aguilar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello. I'm interested in learning SP-Forth.
>
> Where can I obtain the source-code for the Windows version? Your download page seems to only provide source-code with the Linux version.

Win32 full archive and installer both contain full source code

--
~ygrek

Re: Hello

Ruvim Pinka
Hello Hugh!

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Hugh Aguilar <[hidden email]> wrote:
The installer sp4-20-setup.exe did not contain any source. All it contained was an executable SPF.EXE, a documentation folder with the readme, intro and devel files, and an uninstall folder.

This is some mistake.

By the way you can find  GNU tarball with the sources in the Repository viewer. Note that the files will be in Unix format.

The "full archive" seems to be sp4-20.rar. Windows doesn't know what to do with a .rar file, and I've never heard of such a thing either.

And Google doesn't know anything about .rar files too. It's too bad.

--
Ruvim