Quantcast

Is this the right list to ask some doubts about SP-Forth?

Is this the right list to ask some doubts about SP-Forth?

Marcos Cruz
Hello.

In order to start a new programming project, I've been searching for a Forth
system with the following features:

1) Capable creating executables for Linux and Windows.
   (No need for the final user to install the Forth system).
2) Compatible with the Forth Foundation Library.
3) Not too different from the ANS standard.

I've used Gforth a lot, but it cannot handle point 1).
I think SP-Forth is what I need.
Besides, the word NOTFOUND is great for my project.
I'm trying SP-Forth and I some doubts.

Is this the right list for spf-specific user doubts?
Or is this list for spf-development issues only?
Should I use alt.comp.forth or other list instead?

Thank you,
Marcos

Re: Is this the right list to ask some doubts about SP-Forth?

Ruvim Pinka
Hello!

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Marcos Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
I think SP-Forth is what I need.
Besides, the word NOTFOUND is great for my project.

By the way, it is not so good to have this word in the default scope.

I'm trying SP-Forth and I some doubts.

Is this the right list for spf-specific user doubts?

Yes, welcome.

Or is this list for spf-development issues only?
Should I use alt.comp.forth or other list instead?

Perhaps with less chance of success ;)

--
Ruvim

NOTFOUND (Re: Is this the right list to ask some doubts about) SP-Forth?

Marcos Cruz
En/Je/On 2011-06-01 17:56, Ruvim Pinka escribió / skribis / wrote :
>>      Besides, the word NOTFOUND is great for my project.
>    By the way, it is not so good to have this word in the default scope.

For my application I just need to define

: NOTFOUND ;

in a specific vocabulary. Then I ACCEPT the user input and EVALUATE it with
ONLY that vocabulary visible.  So all unknown words are ignored. It's very
useful!

Marcos

--
http://programandala.net

Re: NOTFOUND (Re: Is this the right list to ask some doubts about) SP-Forth?

Marcos Cruz
En/Je/On 2011-06-02 01:30, Marcos Cruz escribió / skribis / wrote :

> For my application I just need to define
> : NOTFOUND ;

My mistake. Of course I meant

: NOTFOUND 2DROP ;

Marcos