KEY? in GNU/Linux

Marcos Cruz
Hello.

The word KEY? always return 0 in the GNU/Linux version of SP-Forth.  It works
fine in the Windows version:

: TEST KEY? DUP . UNTIL ;

Is it a bug?

I have found no library to fix this, only lib/posix/key.f to provide the word
KEY .

Spasiva
Marcos

--
http://programandala.net

Re: KEY? in GNU/Linux

Ruvim Pinka
Hello!

Unfortunately, there no implementation for the KEY word in linux version yet.
Please, see spf_con_io.f
TARGET-POSIX [IF]
\ TODO KEY EKEY
S" src/posix/con_io.f" INCLUDED
[ELSE]
S" src/win/spf_win_con_io.f" INCLUDED
[THEN]

May be somebody can propose an implementation..

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Marcos Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.

The word KEY? always return 0 in the GNU/Linux version of SP-Forth.
[...]

--
Ruvim

Re: KEY? in GNU/Linux

Marcos Cruz
En/Je/On 2011-07-15 03:41, Ruvim Pinka escribió / skribis / wrote :

>    Unfortunately, there no implementation for the KEY word in linux version
>    yet.

There is a implementation of < KEY > in:

lib/posix/key.f

But what I really need is the word < KEY? > .

>    Please, see spf_con_io.f

Yes, now I see that < KEY? > is VECTored to FALSE :(

>    May be somebody can propose an implementation..

I hope so!  I cannot write that word because my knowledge of the operating
system is not enough.

I am working on a project and I want to build executables for both
Windows and Linux. I see the the Linux SP-Forth is less mature than the
original Windows version.

спасибо

Marcos

--
http://programandala.net

Re: KEY? in GNU/Linux

Andrey Cherezov
Re: [Spf-dev] KEY? in GNU/Linux

1. 'KEY' implementation on the Linux depends of (used) terminal possibilities.

2. IMHO, Linux itself is less mature than Windows (20 years vs 30 years, 1% of (desktop's) market share vs 95%).