Quantcast

Static windows an linux binary program with curses.

Static windows an linux binary program with curses.

Hannu Vuolasaho
Hello!

I'm working with one idea and I'm wondering if SPForth is tool of my choice.

I want to have Windows and Linux program. I want also only single binary for them so that I can launch the application from USB-stick, webpage or any other media.

For UI curses is enough. Which is problem as curses is C-library. Can those be used easily and embedded to the binary or will it stay and hang on as library?

I didn't notice but is there something similar to curses in SPForth? I think GUI stuff is only for windows.

Or am I thinking totally wrong tool?

Best regards,
Hannu Vuolasaho

Re: Static windows an linux binary program with curses.

Ruvim Pinka
Hello Hannu,

At the moment, SP-Forth (out of the box) doesn't provide ability to have a single binary. In easy way you have to use the separate files of binary libraries (SO or DLL).
IMHO, launching a binary executable from a webpage is not so good idea. And an USB-storage doesn't restrict you to have only one binary file.

By the way,  more modern way to implement training courses is based on the XML and HTML technologies, and web-services. And a web-browser is ready GUI-engine ;)

--
Ruvim